house in the spotlight

More Exposure Means More Buyers 

The day is here!  You need to move and get your home sold ASAP.  In marketing your home, the concept is simple, “The more exposure you get for your home, the more potential buyers you reach and the faster the sale and a higher sales price.  However, Seller beware!  Some agents may not have a marketing plan and some agents may not really understand how to use that marketing to get buyers through your front door!  If buyers do not see the interior of your home, they are not going to decide to purchase your home.  Here are a couple of questions to consider?     

Does the Marketing Plan Focus Local and Worldwide?  Our Phoenix market typically receives about 40% of buyers from out of state and the other 60% are local.  Recently, our team got call from a buyer in another state about our listing.  The buyer found the presentation of our listing online.  Unable to find a local real estate agent the buyer called us directly to purchase the home.  The buyer said, “Your home is beautiful.”  While our seller took credit for the beautiful home, we took great pride in showcasing the home with our elite marketing plan.

Does the Marketing Plan Focus on Presentation?  The internet has huge potential to market our listings, but it also is risky.  While allowing agents to showcase a home’s best features, the internet can also make a home look bad.  Buyers have many homes to choose from and if a buyer does not like your presentation, they will not schedule a showing.  When photos present homes that are cluttered, need paint, have small rooms, and are dark, buyers are going to eliminate these homes and not see them. If the presentation of a home is good,  buyers will want to see more of the home and will schedule a showing.

Does the Marketing Plan Focus on Details of the Home?   The Phoenix MLS allows home owners and agents to add lots and lots of features to their listings.  Important upgrades like granite counters, RV gates, energy efficient upgrades, cul-de-sac lots, vaulted ceilings, etc. are very important to buyers.  Many buyers will search for these important upgrades on the internet through Bing, Google and other websites.  Every time a buyer searches for features, and finds your home, the buyer is likely to want to see inside your home.    

Don’t Forget Traditional Advertising.  With I-phones, tablets, and many other tech devices, it may be easy to forget the traditional advertising.  However, traditional advertising is still very successful for attracting buyers.  Newsletter, Just Listed Notices, and Color Flyers are still huge for getting the attention of buyers.  While younger buyers under the age of 30 will start their search for a home on the internet, many older buyers will start their search with the newspaper or from items received in the mail.  On a daily basis, many Phoenix Homes for Sale can be found in the local paper.

A great marketing plan includes aspects of all these items and any other ways of getting buyers to see your home.  Remember, the name of the game is exposure, exposure, exposure.  Do you have more questions? Do you want to learn more about this or other ways to get the most money from the sale of your Home?   

We can help!  Contact us at (602) 753-0177 or