A home that shows exceptionally well helps arouse the prospective buyer’s emotional desire to buy quicker and at a higher price. First impressions count! That’s why neat, clean homes get snatched up and others just sit on the market. Builders of homes in the Phoenix Real Estate market spend 1000’s of dollars to stage a model home properly. They do this for good reason. Buyers will buy the perceived value of the property...the image and feeling that they get from experiencing the property.
Stand across the street and look at your home from a potential buyer’s viewpoint. Next, go to the corners of your back yard and look at your home with the critical eye of a buyer. Consider the following:
- The buyer’s strongest first impression of your home is with the front outside entry and door. Make this area fresh and inviting with plants, flowers, and as needed, fresh paint. Make purchases which enhance the appearance of your home—large planters, new entry mats. You can take these items with you to your new home!
- Is there ‘clutter’ in the front or back yard? Debris, leaves, dead branches, old swing sets, broken lawn furniture? Pick up tools and toys from the yard. Put garbage cans in the garage and shut the door. Are there too many cars parked in the front or driveway?
- Is the lawn trimmed, edged, weed-free, and fertilized? Edge between your lawn, drive, and walkways. Are the flower and shrubbery beds pruned, free of debris, and fresh looking? Do they need fresh mulch or plants? Repair cracks and pull weeks from walkways and the driveway. If you are an absentee seller, make arrangements for lawn care.
- Is the exterior paint fresh? Hose it down to remove dust and cobwebs. Touch up or repaint as needed. The expense of repainting has an excellent return on the dollar.
- Are all outside systems working? Is the sprinkler system functioning properly? Have the cooling and heating units been serviced?
Selling your Phoenix, Arizona home isn’t a single event – it’s a process. And part of that process is getting your home itself prepared to sell. As you prepare to put your home on the market, make sure to pay close attention to how your home is prepared to show – it can make all the difference in the world.
The Thompson Group is well versed in home presentation and can help you get your home ready to sell. In today’s market there are thousands of Phoenix Homes for Sale. If you don’t want to be just another home on the Phoenix MLS, give us a call today and we’ll help you stand out from the crowd. Contact us at MyAZHouse.com or 602-753-0177 to get started!